Share This

Hot News

Slain OFW in Kuwait was sexually abused, autopsy report shows @ 2020-01-13 20:05 Back Hot News
Keyword:in Kuwait to Kuwait sexually abused
Concept:
IN 2018, THE PHILIPPINES ALSO ORDERED A BAN ON THE DEPLOYMENT OF FILIPINO WORKERS TO KUWAIT AMID THE STRING OF REPORTED ABUSES AND DEATHS OF FILIPINO WORKERS, INCLUDING JOANNA DEMAFELIS, WHOSE BODY WAS FOUND IN A FREEZER IN THE COUNTRY OVER A YEAR AFTER SHE WAS REPORTED MISSING.
RELATIVES AND NEIGHBORS VIEW THE REMAINS OF JEANELYN VILLAVENDE, THE SLAIN OFW IN KUWAIT, AT THE HOUSE OF HER GRANDMOTHER IN BARANGAY TINAGO, NORALA, SOUTH COTABATO ON JANUARY 10, 2020. MINDANEWS PHOTO BY BONG S. SARMIENTO
THE DFA SAID IT SUMMONED THE KUWAITI AMBASSADOR IN MANILA 「TO EXPRESS THE GOVERNMENT』S OUTRAGE OVER THE SEEMING LACK OF PROTECTION」 OF FILIPINO DOMESTIC WORKERS IN THE MIDDLE EASTERN COUNTRY, AND 「TO PRESS FOR COMPLETE TRANSPARENCY IN THE INVESTIGATION OF THE CASE AND TO CALL FOR THE SWIFT PROSECUTION OF THE PERPETRATORS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.」
AN AUTOPSY REPORT RELEASED BY THE NBI REVEALED KUWAIT OFW JEANELYN VILLAVENTE WAS SEXUALLY ABUSED. VILLAVENTE IS THE LATEST OFW WHO WAS KILLED BY EMPLOYERS IN KUWAIT. LABOR SEC. SILVESTRE BELLO SAID HE WANTS A PERMANENT BAN ON OFWS TO KUWAIT. THE PHILIPPINE LABOR ATTACHE TO KUWAIT AGREED.
THE RECENT CASE OF JEANELYNPADERNAL VILLAVENDE, WHO WAS ALLEGEDLY BEATEN TO DEATH BY HER EMPLOYER INKUWAIT, SHOWS HOW EFFECTIVE IS OUR 2016 OFW PROTECTION AGREEMENT WITH KUWAIT,AND SHOULD CONVINCE PHILIPPINE AUTHORITIES THAT THE BEST WAY TO PROTECT OURMAIDS IS TO STOP SENDING THEM THERE. LET』S CONTINUE SENDING OUR DOCTORS,NURSES, ENGINEERS, HOTEL AND RESTAURANT WORKERS, FACTORY WORKERS ANDCONSTRUCTION WORKERS TO KUWAIT. BUT NOT OUR MAIDS, WHO ARE THE MOST VULNERABLEAMONG OUR OVERSEAS WORKERS.
MANILA, PHILIPPINES – THE BUREAU OF IMMIGRATION (BI) ON TUESDAY SAID IT IS NOW IMPLEMENTING THE DEPLOYMENT BAN OF NEWLY-HIRED HOUSEHOLD WORKERS TO KUWAIT FOLLOWING THE RECENT KILLING OF A FILIPINO WORKER THERE.
OVER 400 SUFFER FROM HEAD CANCER IN KUWAIT EVERY YEAR
KUWAIT CITY, DEC 23: COLONEL HAITHAM AL-OTHMAN, DIRECTOR OF THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC ETHICS AND COMBATING TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS, SAID THE MINISTRY OF INTERIOR AND ALL STATE AGENCIES HAVE PAID ATTENTION TO CASES OF HUMAN TRAFFICKING, WHICH CONTRIBUTED TO KUWAIT MOVING FROM THE THIRD GRADE TO SECOND GRADE ON THE REPORT OF THE 「US DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN TRAFFICKING,」 STRESSING THAT THE MINISTRY OF INTERIOR AND THE REST OF THE ORGANS OF THE STATE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF ACQUIRING GRADE ONE FOR KUWAIT BY PUTTING AN END TO SUCH KIND OF ACTIVITY WHICH IS UNACCEPTABLE TO KUWAIT, REPORTS AL-ANBA DAILY.
A LAWYER WHO APPEARED TO BE REPRESENTING SOME JAMIA STUDENTS DETAINED AFTER THE PROTESTS ALLEGED IN A STATEMENT THAT POLICE SEXUALLY ASSAULTED STUDENTS AT JAMIA, SWITCHING OFF THE LIGHTS SO AS NOT TO BE CAUGHT ON CCTV.
MADDAUS: THERE ARE FOUR CHARGES INVOLVING TWO WOMEN WHO CLAIM THAT WEINSTEIN SEXUALLY ASSAULTED THEM ABOUT TWO DAYS APART IN FEBRUARY OF 2013. THE FIRST WOMAN IS AN ITALIAN MODEL WHO ALLEGES THAT WEINSTEIN RAPED HER AT A HOTEL AND THAT HE SUBSEQUENTLY THREATENED THAT IF SHE TOLD ANYBODY THAT HE WOULD KILL HER. I MEAN, THAT"S WHY SHE SAYS SHE DIDN"T REPORT IT AT THE TIME. THE SECOND WOMAN SAYS THAT, TWO DAYS LATER, SHE MET WEINSTEIN WITH AN ACQUAINTANCE AT ANOTHER HOTEL AND THAT WEINSTEIN WAS ABLE TO SORT OF PERSUADE HER TO COME UP TO HIS ROOM AND THAT HE SEXUALLY ASSAULTED HER IN THE BATHROOM THERE.
LESS THAN A WEEK AFTER THE SAD DEATH OF FORMER WWE WRESTLER ASHLEY MASSARO, WWE LEGAL FOE KONSTANTINE KYROS RELEASED AN AFFADAVIT THAT INCLUDED A CLAIM SHE WAS SEXUALLY ASSAULTED DURING A 2007 WWE TOUR OF KUWAIT. WWE RELEASED A STATEMENT BOTH DENYING IT AND DISCREDITING KYROS.
ACTRESS ALYSSA MILANO WROTE A BLOG POST CALLING FOR WOMEN WHO HAD BEEN SEXUALLY HARASSED OR ASSAULTED TO REPLY "ME TOO", FOLLOWING THE EXPOSURE OF ALLEGATIONS AGAINST HARVEY WEINSTEIN. THE HASHTAG WENT VIRAL AS MILLIONS AROUND THE WORLD USED IT TO CALL OUT PREDATORY BEHAVIOUR.
EARLIER THIS YEAR, KUWAITI TV PRESENTER AND CELEBRITY HALIMA BOULAND WAS HARASSED WHILE ATTENDING A CROWDED EVENT IN HER HOME COUNTRY. 
RUSSIA, A PERMANENT MEMBER OF THE COUNCIL, PROPOSED ITS OWN RESOLUTION THAT WOULD HAVE REDUCED THE NUMBER OF BORDER CROSSINGS BY HALF, TO TWO ON THE TURKEY BORDER AND CLOSING THOSE ON THE IRAQ AND JORDAN BORDER, AND EXTEND THE MANDATE FOR SIX MONTHS RATHER THAN A YEAR. A COMPETING DRAFT RESOLUTION, PROPOSED BY THREE ELECTED COUNCIL MEMBERS, BELGIUM, GERMANY AND KUWAIT, INCLUDED A MANDATE OF ONE YEAR AND THREE CROSSINGS, RATHER THAN MORE, TO LURE THE RUSSIANS TO A POSITIVE VOTE.

Mobile | Full
Forum rule | About Us | Contact Info | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statment | Disclaimer | Site Map
Copyright (C) 2020 Suntek Computer Systems Limited. All rights reserved
Disclaimer : In the preparation of this website, 88iv endeavours to offer the most current, correct and clearly expressed information to the public. Nevertheless, inadvertent errors in information and in software may occur. In particular but without limiting anything here, 88iv disclaims any responsibility and accepts no liability (whether in tort, contract or otherwise) for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from any inaccuracies, omissions or typographical errors that may be contained in this website. 88iv also does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or fitness for purpose of the information contained in this website.